The movie I have decided to talk
about is the grudge and the ring and both movies are made share the same genres
which are both horror and psychological making a hybrid genre for both movies. Some of the movie themes are ghost and
violence.
The grudge is an American remake.
The original was called Ju – oh: the grudge which was originally a Japanese
movie which was released in 2003. My opinion is that the ordinals are often at
times better and then the remake and so is Ju – oh: the grudge. I also think
that the acting is a whole lot better in the original then the remake. I can
also relate to the character in the original since they are young teenage kids
that go to high school and acted more scared then the remake actors. The atmosphere felt completely different it
was like fire and water when I watched both movies.
The build up to both movies
are also very too different to each other one is fast paste with build-up while
the other is very slow and is not understandable as the other. What I liked
about both was that both movies used the same actress and actor for the girl
that plays as the girl that’s a ghost and the boy that plays as the ghost.
There are also just more intense more scary moments in the original in the
movie that had my heart beating fast then the remake. The remake of the grudge
was made a year later 2004 so it not much time passed by. The movie has sort of
the same story but has different routes that the movies time from each other.
The ring was originally also a
Japanese movie like the grudge which also got turned into a remake for the
American audience. The original was created in 1998 while the remake was made
in 2002. Again the original movie wasn’t made that long ago yet for some reason
the director decided to remake the movie this can be can because of a lot of
reasons such as the he was lazy or it cost less as for the movie budget or
maybe the director thought it was so good that
he just wanted a remake. I would have to say that I prefer the remake
over the ordinal as I preferred the actors epically the two main characters
which are Naomi watts who play as Rachel Keller the mother and David Dorfman
who plays as Aian Keller the son. Both have great bonding moments as both
mother and son care for each other a lot in the movie.
I really like Naomi
Watts character as she is very protective of her son and would go to the depths
of hell and risk her own life to save her son and she shows this multiply times
throughout the movie while. In original it isn’t and that’s why way I like the
remake more it feel like the characters are more real. I also liked the special
effect used when the ghost comes out through the movie and this suspense music
comes up bring fear to the audience’s hearts.
Like I said before originals are
often at times better this is as I explained in both of the movies that I
talked about and why I prefer the originals over the remake over the other one.
No comments:
Post a Comment